This meta tag is responsible for displaying the summary of the page in the search results snippet. Properly written description increases the likelihood of a user’s transition to your site. Imagine that you are helping a user and a search engine to explain the content of a page in a few words.
The platforms often duplicate the product description in the meta description, which is not entirely correct, since what is displayed in the snippet is a part of the full product description and not a short description.
Recommendations for compiling the meta description:
• Meta title and meta description should differ from each other;
• The optimal length of the meta description is 170–290 characters;
• Meta description should contain keywords related to its page, but you should avoid repeating them;
• Locate high-frequency key requests at the beginning, therefore, they will have more weight;
• Meta description must be unique for each page;
The meta description should be in the form of a selling ad, which will convey the meaning of the page to the user and highlight the advantages of your product and your store.